Thursday 3 October 2013

Recent Blogging Events Roundup

We have been really lucky up here in Aberdeen recently with some fab blogger events!  I am really grateful for all the fun activities and treats I get to experience as a blogger and always have a ball.  Over the past month I have attended quite a few events but didn't want to bore you all with lots of posts so I have condensed a few in to one, I hope you don't mind :-)

Student Lock in Bon Accord Shopping Centre Aberdeen

My good friend Laura kindly invited me to attend this event with her (yes I know I am not a student anymore, a mature student of life maybe.. ha!).  With up to 30% off at shops like Topshop, River Island and New Look it was a great time to indulge in some retail therapy.

I also got to meet Lydia Bright from The only Way is Essex, she was there with a pop up shop for her store Bella Sorella. A lovely lass she was too.

picture courtesy of Liparazzi :-)

Autumn Fashion Fix Union Square Aberdeen

I was invited down to Union Square for a fun day of activities celebrating their Autumn Fashion fix event. We arrived early in the morning and were treated to a lovely breakfast smoothie from Juice Master. I chose a raspberry flavoured one and it was delish!


Next it was on to our styling challenge.  We were put in to pairs and I was with Rachel from twentysomethingbeauty. There were rails of clothes from shops including Zara and H&M and we had to select autumn outfits for each other. Luckily Rach and myself really liked how we were styled. In fact I might have to pop to Zara and pick up the skirt and shirt I was wearing!


Then we were off to watch hair and makeup tutorials on stage presented by the lovely Nadine Hawkins (No1 Magazine Editor), followed by a fashion show.  At this point I had to dash because I was attending my grans 90th birthday party, but the rest of the bloggers were treated to lunch, makeovers and massages at Pure Spa.


Overall it was a fab day and I had a lot of fun. I enjoyed the styling part best as I did this in my old job and loved it so much.

What do you think of our outfits? had to have some tartan!


Don't forget you can follow me on

1 comment:

I love reading all your comments :-) contact me on twitter @AshlyLondon I would love to chat with you xxx